We are currently seeking Aviation Trainers and Workshop Trainers for one of the world’s leading providers of aircraft maintenance at Shannon Airport. This is a very exciting opportunity for a candidate who has completed a recognised Traineeship / Apprenticeship in Aircraft Maintenance or Structures and Composites training or completed a Traineeship or Apprenticeship in a technical trade.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a teacher or instructor and previous experience in an EASA Part 147 organisation would be a distinct advantage. See below for full requirements of the job.
The post attracts a competitive salary and other company benefits.
Please refer to Additional Information below for further information regarding living and working in County Clare, Ireland
- Develop and deliver Aviation Training programs.
- Be capable and competent delivering EASA Part 66 Theoretical and Workshop Practical Training modules, and other aviation training in line with customer needs (both in PART 145 or other).
- Develop, prepare and review course material for Aviation Training programs. This could include EASA Part 66 modules/ Continuation Training/ Practical Training and other aviation training in line with customer needs.
- Carry out practical training and assessments, in line with Part 147 requirements.
- Carry out assessments / examinations in line with Part 147 requirements. Professionally conduct training, ensuring that standards and guidelines are clear to students.
- Create an environment conducive to effective learning whilst ensuring the safety of all students.
- Participate in / contribute to the planning of training/examination schedules and in the co-ordination of same with Customers, Authorities etc. Propose solutions/ideas to bottlenecks/issues within the training schedule.
- Support the maintenance of examination data-bases, keeping them current and secure in line with the Company and International Standards.
- Participate in reviewing the effectiveness of training and in implementing appropriate corrective, preventative or improvement activities required or agreed with the Aviation Training Team Leader / Head of Aviation Services.
- Support the up-dating of our MTOE and other policies, procedures and directives and ensure courses are delivered in accordance with same.
- Lead projects or programs as assigned by the Aviation Training Team Leader or Head of Aviation Services.
- Deliver training which will involve working away from base and outside of Ireland for long and short term durations.
- Support other Aviation Services Teams. Deputise for the Aviation Training Team Leader.
- Liaise with our customers, be an ambassador for the school. Be an exam invigilator. Be a coach, mentor and class representative to your assigned classes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the Aviation Training Team Leader and Head of Aviation Services.
- Has completed a recognised Traineeship / Apprenticeship in Aircraft Maintenance or Structures and Composites training or completed a Traineeship or Apprenticeship in a technical trade.
- Must be prepared to pass the relevant EASA Part 66 Modules if you have not passed them already.
- Experience as a teacher, instructor or trainer, with experience in an EASA Part 147 environment a distinct advantage.
- Have a good knowledge of EASA Parts 145, 147 and 66.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Be a good team player with demonstrated excellent interpersonal, time management (of assigned tasks and projects) and organisational skills.
- An ability to work with customers to understand their training and development needs.
- Be capable of demonstrating a very high level of instruction design and delivery skills.
- Be a self-motivated, confident and independent professional, capable of being an ambassador for the Company: and Aviation Services by independently supporting students / customers at their own bases.
- Have good IT skill and be familiar with Microsoft packages. Experience in internet communication / methods of instruction would also be a distinct advantage.
Additional Information regarding living in the area
Please click on the following links for information regarding life in County Clare and the surrounding area
You can apply by sending your CV and supporting documents on firstname.lastname@example.org