We are delighted to be sourcing for a Chief Procurement Officer for one of the leading companies in Business Aviation, Transaction and Completion services.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Procurement Officer will drive the process from demand management (via stakeholder management) that then drives supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, tendering, contract negotiation, monitoring and delivery planning, purchase execution as well as ongoing performance management and improvement.
This is a Permanent Full Time position based in Indianapolis, Indiana, US.
- Development of organizational procurement strategy
- Creation and improvement of best-practice based processes including leadership of high value/strategic sourcing efforts
- Management of business process outsourcing activities
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Selection and management of procurement systems
- Management of sourcing, contracting, transactional, purchasing, supplier management, and internal procurement support activities
- Working closely with teams across other business functions and initiatives
- Development of benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Operations, Engineering or a related area, with a master’s degree preferred.
- Between seven to ten years senior supply management experience within an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) environment
- Proven track record of delivering large savings
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Team player at executive levels to collaborate with business units
- Solid operational management and general business skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles
- Strong negotiation skills to use for large commercial deals
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
Position holders must hold the necessary documentation to live and work in the US
Interested US Candidates can apply directly by clicking the "Im Interested" Button OR send their updated CV on firstname.lastname@example.org