We are pleased to be assisting sourcing for a Head of APU Services for an MRO, based at Dublin Airport, Ireland.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will have experience of running a business or business unit as they will have ownership for the P&L and Balance Sheet of the business unit.The role will be based at the MRO facility at Dublin Airport and will involve some travel.
The position attracts a very competitive salary and performance related bonus. It also includes participation in a Company Pension Scheme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with all Safety, Quality, Company and Regulatory Authority requirements.
- Meeting customer's expectations with respect to turnaround, cost, reliability and quality.
- Developing strategic relationships and maintaining strong business links with the key suppliers/OEMs of APU parts and repairs.
- Profitability of the Business Unit.
- Managing all staff and resources within the workshop with an emphasis on staff engagement and maintaining a culture based on excellent team working and customer focus.
- Reporting on all technical and airworthiness issues to Quality Manager.
- Developing the role-played by Capacity Planning/ Demand Management.
- Expanding the portfolio of products by working on new the introduction of new component capability in conjunction with Product Development.
- Supporting the Commercial and Sales teams in a technical, customer support and commercial function including managing the day to day communication and interaction with contracted and repeat customers.
- Identifying and managing projects to increase internal capability on APU's, APU Components and piece part repairs.
- Willing to undertake other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Company from time to time.
- 3rd level qualification or time-served Apprenticeship in a relevant discipline with management experience. (APU Repair and Overhaul or similar engine/production type background will be an advantage).
- Excellent technical and business knowledge is essential together with a high degree of commercial awareness and understanding of the APU business.
- An ability to manage, motivate and develop individual staff and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Analytical, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Confident with IT applications and personal communication skills.
- A commitment to continuous improvement with the capacity to manage to key performance indicators.
- The drive and energy to continuously meet/exceed customer's requirements and our client's budgetary targets.
- Previous responsibility for running a business/business unit would be an advantage.
Interested EU candidates can send their updated CV on email@example.com